Community of Allies
Riff #1: Who Are These Allies?
- From pioneering players to a cast of thousands; from an uphill struggle to irreversible, pervasive, creative collaboration. Riff #1 leads off with a description of how we intend for the Community of Allies to evolve, including a description of what we expect to see in each act.
- Who might want to join in this play — a profile. If this description fits, we encourage you to wear it with pride.
- Broadway productions have stars. We have five (5) performing archetypes. These five archetypes are all important to spawning and nurturing generative initiatives.
- 10 Most Wanted Infinite Players — Our first casting call. These are our "Personals" — ads for those infinite players needed to get the ball rolling.
- Silicon Valley more jungle-like than Boston's Route 128? Annalee Saxonian's Regional Advantage and Kiuchi and Shireman's What We Learned in the Rainforest provide a wonderful historical context for exploring our role as accelerators of conscious systemic evolution.
- Silicon Valley accelerated our evolution into the Information Age. The great ages of humanity are unfolding at an accelerating pace. It was the coming together of business and technological entrepreneurs in that catalyzed our latest world-changing movement.
- Spaceship Earth at a choice point! We can keep on keeping on our way into collective oblivion, or we can wake up to our potential as conscious co-evolutionaries.
- Our world is yearning for us to outgrow adolescence. Moving into adulthood as a species will be and extraordinarily challenging and rewarding time for us as a species. The time is ripe to move into the Consciousness/Accountability Age.
- Entrepreneurs to the rescue? Just as the partnering of business and technological entrepreneurs led us into the Information Age, we will see entrepreneurs from all major domains bridging among themselves to usher in the Age of Conscious Evolution.
- The greater San Francisco Bay Area can accelerate our evolution into the
Age of Conscious Evolution. Why not? To those to whom much is given, much is expected. The SF Bay Area enjoys a requisite variety and critical mass of resources to step up to a leadership role in this next great evolutionary unfolding.
- If imaginal cells can do it, why not us??? Caterpillars, the consumption-kings of the biological world, manage to transform into butterflies. Why shouldn't we, the reigning consumption-kings of our species, take the lead in pioneering our metamorphosis? Norie Huddle's Imaginal Cell story provides us a strategy for moving forward.
- Introducing two clump-creating concepts with snow-balling potential. The Community of Allies will focus on nurturing and spawning initiatives and alliances that are generative — that are known for their constructive ripples, their contribution to the well being of the larger whole.
- Alliances beget initiatives beget alliances beget initiatives... We intend to foster generative alliances in the service of initiatives that will self- propagate and self-evolve.
- Hedgehog as evolutionary engine. One of Jim Collin's gems in his marvelous book, Good to Great, is his Hedgehog Concept. Here we apply that concept to the Community of Allies.
- The Consciously Evolving Bay Area (CEBA) 2020 Initiative — synergy-seeking; evolution-accelerating. An experimental foray into the possibility of accelerating our rate of conscious systemic evolution in the San Francisco Bay Area.